Please study the following:
All synthetic thatch manufactured in the world is only a decorative, artificial layer, seldom more than 25mm (1”) thick (Click to see). The main aim is to simulate natural thatch.
You must not be able to see the difference between natural and synthetic thatch. The synthetic layer must be fireproof, color fast, the material must never break down, the look/appearance must not change in 50 years and application must be easy and cost effective.
Fiber Thatch guarantees everything of the above and back it with a 20-year warranty!!!
Even more important is the sub roof.
What is the use if the the synthetic layer will last 50 years plus, but your sub roof starts disintegrating after 10 years?
The sub roof boards
The FR-MO Board are created with a Class-B fire rated waterproof Flexi Seal Liquid “water based” layer applied in the Fiber Roofing factory.The joints are sealed “on site” with a special membrane and chemical supplied in kit form. The board is based on the production technology and formulas of standard MgO boards, but adapted to use in a sub roof application.
If Fiber Roofing can, we will never again use shutter boards, marine ply, any timber roof ply boards, or OB boards………………simply because those material will not last 50 years +.
The main characteristics of the FR-MO Boards are:
• It will hold up to a direct flame of more than 1000 degrees Fahrenheit. (See the pictures below)
• The board is a fire resistant, non-combustible, Class A1 certified with 0-flame spread (See the ASTM E84 test)
• There will be no mold/mildew growth (See the ASTM D3273 test)
• Water penetration is zero (See the ASTM E331 test)
• All the FR-MO Boards are coated with Flexi-seal liquid rubber-based water proofing membrane (Click here to see the technical data sheet)
• See the superior performance in every category when compared to traditional wood, gypsum and cement-based boards. (Click to open the page)
• See the complete Technical Data sheets and performance charts (Click to open the page)
Also Visit our page: “Fiber Thatch Sub Roofs“
to study our systems and your choice will be the Fiber Roofing Synthetic Thatch system.
You will have 50 year+ maintenance free roof!!!