FIBERTHATCH -PRODUCT DATA SHEET
- Polyolefin Fiber Thatch is manufactured in tile format.
- The extruded strands are packed and brushed in jigs to imitate that real thatch look!
- A reinforced polyurethane binding strip is used to glue the simulated thatch particles in one tile.
- The tile can also be stapled, nailed or screwed through the polyurethane strip to timber battens or onto a metal sub roof.
PHYSICAL PROPERTIES OF POLYOLEFIN MATERIAL
- Elongation 420.9% – ASTM D638.98 Test method.
- Tensile strength 21.7 N/mm² – ASTM D638:98 Test method.
- Tensile modulus 1056.2 N/mm² – ASTM D638:98 Test method.
- Shore D hardness (median) 64 – ASTM D2240:00 Test method.
- Izod impact strength 139.60 J/m – ASTM D256:97 Test method.
- Flexural strength 23.0 N/mm² – ASTM D790:98 Test method.
- Flexural modulus 796.8 N/mm² – ASTM D790:98 Test method.
- Density, average 1.01 g/cm³ – ASTM D792:98 Test method.
- Water absorption 0.019 % – ASTM D570:95 Test method.
- Compressive strength 23.5 N/mm² – ASTM D695:96 Test method.
- Vicat Softening point 124C – ASTM D 1525:96 Test method.
COLOURS (FIBERREED and fiberpalm)
- Any colour on the RAL color chart is available in the Polyolefin FiberReed. (ihttp://www.themeter.net/ral_e.htm )
- Colour pigments all register above 6 on the Gray scale.
- Suitably stabilized for all outdoor conditions.
- Accelerated exposure and weathering test available to date (equivalent 10 years natural exposure.) Polyolefin Fiber Thatch shows no deterioration whatsoever.
- Colour fastness to 3000 hours of UV exposure (accelerated weathering)
- No colour change – ASTM G53 Test method.
Polypropylene that we extrude to manufacture FiberReed and FiberPalm is fully recyclable. We currently ad up to 20% of our own first generation recycled material to the virgin polymer used for the extrusion process.